1. For Forestry :
B.Sc.(Honours) in Forestry/Agriculture/Horticulture Botany.
2. For Environmental Science :
B.Sc.(Honours) in Botany/Zoology/Environmental Science/Bio-Chemistry/Chemistry with combination of Botany/Zoology. B.A/B.Sc (Geography) having Natural Science as one paper.
3. For Horticulture, Aromatic & Medicinal Plants:
B.Sc.(Honours) in Botany/Forestry/Bio-Chemistry; B.Sc. (Agriculture with Specialization in Horticulture, B.Sc. (Horticulture/Agriculture) or B.Sc. with Bio-group; B. Pharm (4 years course) from a recognized university/institution.
4. For Bio-Technology :
B.Sc. (Honours) in Biotechnology/Botany/Zoology/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Micro-Biology with Chemistry/ Zoology/Botany, B.Sc.(Honours) in Chemistry with Botany/Zoology, or B.Sc.(Agri./Horti.).
5. For B.Tech:
At least 50% marks in aggregate in “10+2” examination having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates).
6. For MBA :
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate. (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates).
7. For Hindi:
B.A. (Hons) in Hindi, B.A. with combination of Elective and MIL in Hindi, B.A. with Elective in Hindi, Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and have passed Hindi Examination (Equivalent to B.A. Hindi) from any 20 Institutions recognised by Govt. of India, vide letter No. RA 9-1/98 D-1 (Bhashaen) dt. 5.5.1988.
8. For Mizo:
B.A. (Hons.) in Mizo, B.A.(Hons.) in English, B.A. (Hons.) in other subjects with Mizo as Elective/MIL, B.A. (Pass) with Mizo as Elective/MIL.
9. For MJMC:
Graduate with 50% (SC/ST/OBC 45%).
10. For other disciplines, candidates who have passed a Three Year Degree Course (Honours) in the relevant subject shall ordinarily be considered for admission to the Master Degree Course.
11. Subject to availability of seats, upto ten percent of seats may be assigned to students from other disciplines. It is also provided that if teaching of Honours in a subject has not been ‘sufficiently developed within the jurisdiction of the University or in any unit in particular,’ seats in the concerned Department may be filled in a manner as may be decided by the respective Department.
12. Only UGC/AICTE/AIU recognised Degrees will be accepted under eligibility criteria.
13. A candidate with 50% marks in B.Ed. may also apply for admission to M.A. Education course.
14. 3 Years Diploma holder in Engineering in relevant branch with a minimum of 60% marks may apply for lateral entry into B.Tech Courses (I.T., E.C.E.). Lateral entry for such Dilopma holders will be allowed in the 2nd Year (3rd semester) level, if seats are available.
15. The distribution of total seats available shall be as follows :
(i) Open Category - 50%
(ii) SC/ST candidates - 50%
16. Three percent of the above seats shall be reserved for Physically challenged (as specified by PWD Act, 1995). Such applications will be centrally examined by a Medical Board. An applicant with 40% to 60% disability may be given 5% added weightage and above 60%, 7% added weightages.
17. 10 percent of the above seats (Sl. No.14) are earmarked as University special quota for the following categories :
(a) Unrepresented Backward Areas
The level of backwardness may be determined vis-a-vis the national level of literacy. An applicant coming from an area having up to 5% below the national level of literacy may be given 5% added weightage to the marks obtained by the applicant at the qualifying exams.
(b) Outstanding Sportsmen/Sportswomen
10% weightage for representing the country at International Level, 5% for representing the State at National Level and 3% for Inter-University at National Level added weightage to the marks obtained at the qualifying exams.
(c) Children of Regular Employees of Mizoram University
7% weightage to the marks obtained at the qualifying exams. Certificate of employment may be issued by the Office of the Registrar.
NOTE : Applicants under 15 & 16 above are required to submit necessary documents in support of their claims.
18. Departments shall conduct written test & interview for admission to the Post- Graduate, M. Phil. and Ph.D. Programmes in accordance with University Ordinances. Performance of the candidate in the Under-Graduate Course together with eligibility test shall be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list of students, weightage for eligibility test/interview shall, however, not exceed 50%.
19. In case of internal students i.e. students who have graduated from Colleges affiliated to or maintained by this University,15 marks will be added to the marks obtained in the concerned subject. In case of those candidates who have not offered the subject in the Major/Honours no such weightage shall be given and their marks in the Major/Honours subject without weightage shall be taken into account.
20. Departments shall constitute respective Admission Committees and assign them specific responsibility. Students who have already obtained a Master’s Degree from this University or any other University, will be considered for admission only if there is any vacancy after considering all eligible candidates seeking first admission. In respect of such candidates too, the general criteria of marks obtained at Honours level will be considered.
21. Mizoram University is a ragging free institution. It has been impressed upon by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India that if any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his explanation is not found satisfatory, the institution would expel him from the institution.(Hon’ble Supreme Court of India/SLP (C) No. 24295/2004)
1. Commencement of 1st.,3rd Semester, M. Phil& Pre-Ph.D. Clasess - 1st. working day of August
2. Examinations of 1st & 3rd Semesters, M. Phil & Pre-Ph.D. - 1st -18th December
3. Winter Vacation - 19th December - 18th February
4. Commencement of the 2nd. and 4th. Semester Classes - 19th February
5. Examinations of 2nd. and 4th Semesters - 1st July - 19th July
6. Semester Break - 20th - 31st. July