The Red Ribbon Club (RCC) is a comprehensive promotional and Preventive intervention to enhance voluntary blood donation as well as mainstream HIV/AIDS prevention, care & support and treatment impact, mitigation, stigma reduction, among youth in educational institutions. It will also prepare and promote youth peer educators within and outside the campuses.
The Red Ribbon Club (RRC) under the State Aids Control Society (MSACS), Government of Mizoram was constituted in Mizoram University on 24th June, 2011 .
Nodal Officer: Dr. Zoengapri, Department of Psychology.
Link-faculties for the Red Ribbon Club, Mizoram University:
- Dr. Lalnilawma - Education Extension and Rural Development Department
- Dr. Zodinpuia - Chemistry Department
- Dr. Laldinliana Varte - Commerce Department
- Dr. Margaret L. Pachuau - English Department
- Ms. Irene Lalruatkimi - Mass Communication Department
- Dr. Lalbiakdiki Hnamte - Education Department
- Mr. H.T. Lalremsanga - Zoology Department
- Ms. Esther Lalhmingliani - Zoology Department
- Ms. Elizabeth H. - Social Work Department
- Dr. N. Senthil Kumar - Biotechnology Department
The Vice Chancellor launched the Red Ribbon Club at a function on 6th Sept. 2011 at the Multi- purpose Hall at 1.00 p.m.
- One-Day Peer Educators Training conducted by Mizoram State AIDS Control Society (MSACS) on 7th Sept. 2011 at the I & PR Auditorium. 56 students (2 from each Dept) of the University were identified and appointed as Peer Educators and attended the training.
- One- Day -Training of Peer Educators organized by Mizoram State AIDS Control Society (MSACS) at Central Y.M.A. Hall on 20th November, 2012.
- Voluntary Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with Anti-Tobacco Squad, MZU. 1st March, 2012.
- Voluntary Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with NSS, MZU. 23rd April, 2013.
- One Day Peer Educators Training Program" in collaboration with with The State AIDS Control Society, Mizoram (MSACS.) University Guest House Conference Hall, on 31st October, 2013.
- One-Day Peer Educators Training organized by Mizoram State AIDS Control Society (MSACS) at the Central Y.M.A. Hall on 3rd August, 2017.